Dolphins have fascinated us, humans, for centuries with their elegance, intelligence and playful nature. It’s no wonder that dolphins are one of the most popular animals and are often used as motifs in the art and entertainment industry. If you are a fan of dolphins too, then you will love our latest Dolphin Coloring Pages! We have created 12 beautiful Coloring Sheets with different dolphin motifs that will take you to an underwater world full of joy and adventure. Young or old, everyone can enjoy these Coloring Pages and let their creativity run wild. In this blog article, you will learn more about the benefits of coloring and how you can best use and download these printables.
Table of Contents
12 New Dolphin Coloring Pages
Interesting Facts About Dolphins
- Dolphins are mammals and belong to the whale family
- They are intelligent animals and have very complex social behavior. They communicate with each other through a variety of sounds, including clicks, whistles, and grunts
- Dolphins have an amazing ability to echolocate. They use sound waves to scan their environment and locate their prey. This ability also allows them to detect and avoid obstacles in the oceans
- Dolphins are very social animals and live in groups of up to several hundred animals called “schools.”
- Dolphins have a unique appearance with their characteristic curved beak and slender body that is optimized for fast swimming maneuvers
- Some species of dolphins are capable of incredible leaps and flips out of the water, known as “bowriding” or “surfing the bow wave of boats.”
- Dolphins can also be beneficial to human health. It has been shown that contact with dolphins can be helpful for some conditions such as depression, anxiety, and autism
- Some species of dolphins may be able to recognize themselves in the mirror, indicating some sort of self-awareness and intelligence
- Dolphins are also capable of complex behaviors such as playing with objects and chasing fish in groups.
Why are Dolphins Fascinating for Kids?
- Playfulness: Dolphins are known for their playful nature and their ability to make jumps and flips out of the water. Children love to imitate these movements and include them in their fantasies.
- Intelligence: Dolphins are very intelligent and have complex social behaviors. Children often find it fascinating that animals can be so smart.
- Unique appearance: with their smooth, curved bodies and distinctive curved beaks, dolphins have a unique appearance that appeals to children.
- Adventure: dolphins live in an underwater world full of adventure and mystery, which can be very exciting for children.
- Source of inspiration: dolphins are often seen as a symbol of freedom, grace and strength, which can inspire children to explore their own strengths and abilities.
- Positive effect on health: it has been shown that contact with dolphins can be helpful for some diseases such as depression, anxiety and autism. Children who feel affected by these diseases can benefit from interacting with dolphins.
Matthew Matthysen is an educated multidisciplinary artist and illustrator. He successfully completed his art degree at the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa, majoring in art history and contemporary drawing. The focus of his thesis was to explore the philosophical implications of the macro and micro-universe on the human experience. Matthew uses diverse media, such as written and hands-on components, to explore various approaches that are on the border between philosophy and science.
Matthew organized various exhibitions before and during his years as a student and is still passionate about doing so today. He currently works as a freelance artist and writer in various fields. He also has a permanent position at a renowned online gallery (ArtGazette) where he produces various works on commission. As a freelance artist, he creates several series and successfully sells them to galleries and collectors. He loves to use his work and skills in various fields of interest.
Matthew has been creating drawing and painting tutorials since the relaunch in 2020. Through his involvement with artincontext.org, he has been able to deepen his knowledge of various painting mediums. For example, watercolor techniques, calligraphy and lately digital drawing, which is becoming more and more popular.
Cite this Article
Matthew, Matthysen, “Dolphin Coloring Pages – 12 New Dolphin Coloring Sheets.” Art in Context. April 8, 2023. URL: https://artincontext.org/dolphin-coloring-pages/
Matthysen, M. (2023, 8 April). Dolphin Coloring Pages – 12 New Dolphin Coloring Sheets. Art in Context. https://artincontext.org/dolphin-coloring-pages/