Moo-ve over for some udderly delightful creativity with our collection of 19 free cow coloring pages! These charming bovine-inspired illustrations are perfect for both kids and adults to embark on an artistic journey filled with spots, stripes, and the gentle charm of cows. Whether you’re a farm animal enthusiast or just looking for a relaxing and fun coloring experience, these pages are tailor-made for your artistic pleasure. Join us as we explore the world of these gentle giants one stroke of color at a time. Grab your favorite coloring tools and let’s celebrate the beauty of cows in a palette of your choosing.
Interesting Facts About Cows
- Cows Have Four Stomachs: Cows are ruminant animals, which means they have four compartments in their stomachs. This allows them to efficiently digest plant material by regurgitating and re-chewing their food.
- Cows Can See in Almost 360 Degrees: Cows have panoramic vision, with the ability to see in nearly all directions except directly behind them. This wide field of view helps them detect predators.
- Cows Have Excellent Memory: Cows are known to have a good memory and can remember individuals and locations for a long time.
- Cows Communicate: Cows communicate with each other using various vocalizations, such as lowing, or mooing, to signal distress, excitement, or mating readiness. They also use body language, like ear positioning and tail movement, to convey their feelings.
- Cows Are Social Animals: Cows are social creatures and often form close bonds with other members of their herd. They can become stressed and agitated when separated from their companions.
- Cows Have Unique Nose Prints: Just like humans have unique fingerprints, each cow has a distinct nose print. No two cows have identical nose prints.
Matthew Matthysen is an educated multidisciplinary artist and illustrator. He successfully completed his art degree at the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa, majoring in art history and contemporary drawing. The focus of his thesis was to explore the philosophical implications of the macro and micro-universe on the human experience. Matthew uses diverse media, such as written and hands-on components, to explore various approaches that are on the border between philosophy and science.
Matthew organized various exhibitions before and during his years as a student and is still passionate about doing so today. He currently works as a freelance artist and writer in various fields. He also has a permanent position at a renowned online gallery (ArtGazette) where he produces various works on commission. As a freelance artist, he creates several series and successfully sells them to galleries and collectors. He loves to use his work and skills in various fields of interest.
Matthew has been creating drawing and painting tutorials since the relaunch in 2020. Through his involvement with artincontext.org, he has been able to deepen his knowledge of various painting mediums. For example, watercolor techniques, calligraphy and lately digital drawing, which is becoming more and more popular.
Cite this Article
Matthew, Matthysen, “Cow Coloring Pages – 19 Free Coloring Sheets.” Art in Context. October 15, 2023. URL: https://artincontext.org/cow-coloring-pages/
Matthysen, M. (2023, 15 October). Cow Coloring Pages – 19 Free Coloring Sheets. Art in Context. https://artincontext.org/cow-coloring-pages/