Mission and Purpose
The mission of Art in Context Center for Communications is to collect, contextualize, disseminate and preserve information about fine art through communication and information technologies. Art in Context Center for Communications serves as a multicultural fine art reference resource increasing the availability of information for education and research, and provides a forum for the freedom of artistic expression. By enriching public awareness of the arts, the Art in Context Center for Communications promotes creativity and a broadened understanding of cultural diversity for a national and international audience.
Art in Context Center for Communications purpose is:
- to collect and preserve information about fine art and culture for posterity
- to provide the technical framework for a freely accessible resource for the dissemination and exchange of information on the Internet World Wide Web
- to promote scholarship and progress by increasing the availability of information for research, education, and understanding of fine art through communication and information technologies
- to develop a forum for artists, scholars and fine art organizations to share ideas
- to give the public an opportunity to experience and understand fine art
- to enhance the peoples sense of identity, self-esteem and self-knowledge by bringing artists expression into their communities and by introducing the young to their artistic heritage
- to furnish an educational forum that promotes an appreciation and understanding of art and culture and its rich contribution to society
Art in Context Center for Communications, its staff and board, the artists and organizations presented reflect the diverse cultural perspectives of a many-peopled society. Art in Context Center for Communications is committed to supporting a broad range of artists and to providing equal opportunity and access to resources and representation across boundaries of race, ethnicity, class, gender, age, geography, physical ability and sexual orientation.